Spicy Beef Stroganoff
Twice the flavor. Half the meat! Level up your weeknight dinner with our twist on a classic stroganoff, developed in partnership with Momofuku Goods. Spicy, creamy, and loaded with umami richness, this stick-to-your-ribs dish is a meal perfectly suited for colder months.
ACTIVE: 30 minutes
SERVES: 2 - 4
SPECIAL EQUIPMENT: pot for boiling water, sautoir
- 1 package Phil’s Finest Lao Curry Grass-fed Beef
- 4 packages Momofuku Noodles + sauce packets
- 1 T neutral oil (vegetable or other high-heat oil)
- 1 pint Shiitake mushrooms, torn into pieces
- 2 cups broth (chicken, beef, or vegetable)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 heaping spoon Momofuku Chili Crunch (for serving)
- 1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced (for cooking and serving)
- Heat 1 T neutral oil in dutch oven over high heat. Cook Phil’s Finest Lao Curry Grass-fed Beef on high until browned; remove from the pot and set aside.
- Turn heat down to medium high. Add butter to melt. Once butter has just melted, add thinly sliced scallions, cook until translucent.
- Add mushrooms and cook until golden. Keep stirring so they brown evenly.
- Add half the broth while stirring. Once incorporated, add remaining broth.
- Stir while adding momofuku sauce packets, sour cream and mustard. Continue to stir until incorporated.
- Bring to a simmer, then reduce heat to low. Add your Phil’s Finest beef back into the pot along with. Continue simmering and stirring as the sauce reduces/thickens; approximately 5-10 minutes.
- Serve over Momofuku noodles with a heaping spoon of Momofuku Chili Crunch and fresh scallion.
MORE FOR THE TABLE
Big Kahuna Burger →
Lao Curry Turnovers →
Spaghetti alla Nonya →
Double Smash Burger →
Sheet-Pan Kimchi Rice →
Loaded Sweet Potato Fries →
Phil's Crunch Wrap →
Peanut Butter Burger →
Sheet-Pan Sliders →
Hot Oil Noodles →
Laotian Khao Soi →
Joomuk Bap →
Breakfast Burrito →
Phil's Backyard Burger →
Chilled Spicy Noodles →
Guacamole Tostadas →
Stuffed Poblano Peppers →
Weeknight Pasta →
Brekkie Biscuit →
K-Beet-BQ Bowl →
Absolute Wurst →
Lao Curry Burger →